Saturday, December 18, 2010

Where are you on the spectrum ?

This quiz by RDOS is one of the first things that I did when I was first DXed with Aspergers . Is it scientific ? I can only say that I found it interesting and scored 163....(My Asperger DX did not give me a number on the spectrum but he did say I "exhibited" all 8 of the 8 traits required for a DX of AS . I would "beg to differ" but as I read recently...."no none should have to beg to differ" and I agree. So no begging but I do think that they are way off on some of the words they choose to use in their traits .

Do I think that apsies are linked to some genetic Neanderthal ancestry as the test designer theorizes ? I do love the feeling of leather and fur to my hand but wearing it sounds a bit itchy...tactile issues . I think his theory is worth a read .

I'm not ruling out Neanderthal heritage but I find the idea of alien genetics far more fitting to my personal temperament and that would better explain why I believed that I was from another planet since the age of around 5 . I spent a lot of my early years gathering information on the human and plant species because I assumed I had been placed here as some sort of anthropologist and "that" was why I found earths inhabitants so bizarre and frightening . I waited very patiently for them to return and down-load the information from my brain so I could get on with my real life . It wasn't until reading about AS that I learned that there were other people "like me" who had similar feelings, (though they didn't all have such an elaborate back story...Probably to much TV and book reading in my impressionable youth.) 

so without further adooooo....the aspie quiz, enjoy .


http://www.rdos.net/eng/

5 comments:

  1. I am an aspie too though I didn't fit into his descriptions. I finally had a breakdown from the pressure to fit in at work mostly. I am medicated now and I am still an aspie but I have mellowed out just enough to almost fit in with others though I much prefer to be with animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since I was a little kid, there have been times when I would hear a high-pitched noise within my ears, and I had developed a theory that the "aliens" were downloading my memory at intervals, using a zip file! It would only last a minute or less, with no symptoms before or after.

    Kinda like tinnitus, but very short-term. Never found out what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Occassionally I've experienced that high-pitched noise like the one described by Clay after fainting, which doesn't happen often. It's rather funny that it sounds a lot like the noise that used to accompany the test pattern that would go onto the TV screen back in the olden days when a TV station had a break in normal transmissions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Krex. You've got an award! Have a look here, then you may wish to click over to another blog to see if you can get that logo thing to work. Don't thank me!
    http://incorrectpleasures.blogspot.com/2011/02/dear-me-award-logo-wont-work.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your alien genetic theory :)

    ReplyDelete